Since it seems to be common for people upset with my Amma criticism to immediately attack my association with Reiki, here's where I'm putting all the anti-Reiki comments and my subsequent remarks. Please note, I may be blunt and direct in my rebuttals! Just because I do Reiki doesn't mean I'm not opinionated about it! :-)
The beginning of this thread was started over on the "Amma" blog post and moved here since it got way off-topic. Yes, I can be a very feisty Reiki "Mama Bear" when people try to put down Reiki...one of the most gentle, benign forms of healing on the planet. Is Reiki the only answer? Of course not! But if you come on my website and try to put down what I'm sharing with comments like "Reiki is for beginners" then please don't be surprised if this Reiki Mama Bear responds to protect her Reiki Cubs!
(Just because I'm spiritual doesn't mean I'm a doormat!)
A few points I'd like to share on Reiki in general as a preface to this thread:
1. Reiki is very gentle, benign, and harmless (the pure form of Reiki).
2. Reiki can supplement all other healing and spiritual systems.
3. There are other forms of healing that are more powerful than Reiki, but are also a bit more "dangerous" (more likelihood of screwing things up).
4. Reiki only enhances what you are already doing, it does not subtract.
5. There should never be any reason to de-attune yourself to Reiki.